Prep Time: 10 min Total Time: 10 min
Yields: Approximately 3 Cups
– 1 15 ounce can of Great Northern white beans – drained, rinsed, and patted dry
– 3 large palm hearts – coarsely chopped
– ½ red bell pepper – finely chopped
– 1 large stalk of celery – finely chopped
– ¼ cup of finely chopped red onion
– 2 tablespoons of minced fresh dill
– 2 teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning
– 2 tablespoons of German style mustard or creamy Dijon mustard – for best results avoid stone ground mustard
– Ground sea salt and black pepper to taste
1. Mash the beans in a medium bowl until you don’t see any whole beans. Add the chopped palm hearts, bell pepper, onion, celery, dill, Old Bay seasoning, mustard, and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add more seasoning if you like.
2. Eat as is or make a sandwich out of it.