Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Resting Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
– 1.5 lbs baby yellow potatoes or potatoes of choice
– 1 cup plant-based mayo
– 2 tbsp white vinegar
– 1 tbsp yellow mustard
– 3/4 cup celery chopped
– 2-3 green onions chopped
– 1 kosher dill pickle chopped
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Place pot on the stove over high heat and cover. Bring to a boil and then lower heat to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are slightly fork tender* and drain. Leave potatoes in the colander and cover with a clean kitchen towel to steam for 15 minutes. Uncover and allow to cool for an additional 15 minutes.
2. While potatoes are cooking, make the dressing. Add mayo, vinegar, mustard, celery, green onions, dill pickle and pepper to a large bowl. Stir to combine, cover and place in the fridge until ready to use.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut into quarters**. Add potatoes to the dressing and fold them in. Taste and add salt to taste and adjust any seasonings as needed.
4. Place in the fridge until completely cool – at least 1 hour.
5. Serve and enjoy.
*Since the potatoes are going to steam, you don’t want them to be completely soft. You will need to boil them for 10-15 minutes to achieve this.
**At this point you can decide whether you want to peel your potatoes or not. Once you cut them in quarters, the skins should easily peel off. Feel free to leave the skins on if you want to skip this step.