Prep time: 15 mins Cook time: 45 mins Total time: 55 mins
– 1- 15 oz . Can of Cooked Chickpeas Drained & Rinsed
– 1/4 C . Your favorite Buffalo Sauce + 1-2 T. Extra*
– 3 T . Vegan Mayo
– 2 T . Plain Vegan Yogurt
– 2 T . Raw Cashews Soaked for 30 mins or more
– 1 T . Non-Dairy Milk
– 1 tsp . Lemon Juice
– 1/2 tsp . Onion Powder
– 1/2 tsp . Garlic Salt
– 1/4 tsp . Dried Parsley
– Pinch of Dried Dill
– Pinch of Black Pepper
– Pinch of Salt if you’d like
– 2 1/2 C . Dried Pasta + Water for Boiling
– 1 Tube Cheddar Teese
– 3/4-1 C . Non-Dairy Milk
– Optional: Pinch of Salt
– T Optional: 1 . Vegan Butter
1. Preheat your oven to 375ºF. Toss the chickpeas in the 1/4 C. of Buffalo Sauce until they are evenly coated. Spread them out on a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
2. Bake for 12 minutes, and carefully roll them around with a spoon to get the other side crispy.
3. Bake for another 12-15 minutes, then place them back in the bowl and toss with the extra 1-2 T. of buffalo sauce. Set aside.
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until completely smooth. This may take a couple of times of pushing the ingredients around, or adding another tablespoon of non-dairy milk.
2. Pour into a cup or squirt bottle and set aside.
1. Cook your pasta according to the instructions on the package, then drain and rinse with cool water.
2. Place the noodles back in the pot and set the heat to low-medium. Add the Cheddar Teese, non-dairy milk, salt and margarine to the pot and stir until melted and evenly coated.
3. Add more non-dairy milk if you’d like a creamier sauce.
1. When you’re ready to serve, toss the romaine (and optional celery) in with the mac ‘n’ cheese then plate immediately. Place roughly a 1/4 C. of chickpeas on top, then drizzle with a little extra buffalo sauce and a generous drizzling of the ranch sauce.
*You can also make your own buffalo sauce with this recipe
**You can use store-bought vegan ranch, such as this one from Follow Your Heart
***Short on time? Use a store-bought box of Mac n’ Cheese. Try Annie’s Organic Vegan Mac or Daiya’s White Cheddar Style Veggie Deluxe Cheezy Mac